Wednesday, May 24, 2017

A season of pruning!

““I am the true grapevine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch of mine that doesn’t produce fruit, and he prunes the branches that do bear fruit so they will produce even more.”
‭‭John‬ ‭15:1-2‬ ‭NLT‬‬. http://bible.com/116/jhn.15.1-2.

Praise God in all things! I say it again, Praise God! I'm going through a pruning season. If grape vines had feelings, pruning would be painful. The results eventually cover the pain and make it all worth it. During the pruning I doubt the grapevine appreciates the pain.

Times of pruning need to occur. Pain is always a part of growth. It is important for us constantly review where we are at in our faith, in our careers, and in our relationships. Anything that stands in the way of the plans God has laid before us, needs to be pruned.

We are at the last day of school. As always, I will take the time I am blessed with to focus and evaluate. I will do this professionally, personally, and spiritually. I am thankful for my life and I want all I do to reflect my faith in Jesus. If I need to do a little, or a lot, of pruning to keep focus on Jesus I welcome it because the harvest will be worth it in the end!

No comments: