Friday, May 26, 2017

Accepting Defeat! Giving in!

“Then Jesus shouted, “Father, I entrust my spirit into your hands!” And with those words he breathed his last.”  Luke‬ ‭23:46‬ ‭NLT‬‬. http://bible.com/116/luk.23.46.nlt

It seems odd to talk about giving in when yesterday I was writing about making a stand. It's amazing the difference 24 hours can make. There are times in life where fighting is not worth it. There are times in yuor life when it is best to just give in instead of fighting. The perfect example is the crucifixion. 

Jesus could have fought his sentence. He could have denied his accusers. Instead he stood in humility, taking the accusations, not defending himself. He was beaten and took the undeserved punishment. He marched to the cross beaten, bruised, and a crown of thorns piercing his brow. On the cross, he endured the pain and then he gave up. He did it for us. He chose an odd path that no other historic leader has ever taken. 

I can relate to the idea of giving in. Our competitive society frowns upon giving in. People that choose to give in are looked as weak. Sometimes it is for the greater good that you just give in. The ultimate goal in life is not to win. I say these things but know I am a competitive person and have a difficult time admitting defeat. Today in front of all people I admit defeat. God has changed my heart that I can now admit defeat, give in, even when I know I'm right. That's what Jesus did. There is no greater example!

No comments: