Saturday, May 13, 2017

Sometimes my path sucks!

““You can enter God’s Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way. But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:13-14‬ ‭NLT‬.  http://bible.com/116/mat.7.13-14.nlt

Sometimes when I read these verses I wonder why? Why does the road have to be so hard? Then I remember how I get when things are easy. I usually forget all about God when things are going well. God knows how we are. He understands how soft we are and how we abandon him when we live on easy street. So life is a struggle. In order to find the right path we need to seek it with all our heart. We can't find it on our own. We need to let God take us by the hand through the briars, the ravines, and through the treacherous jungle.  We can take the path of least resistance, but it always leads to misery.

I have to admit I am not excited about the trials and conflicts of life. I don't like the drama. I have Zero tolerance or desire to play politics. Sometimes, my path sucks!   I don't mince words because I know what I believe and don't have time to play games. I guess people will have to decide if that bothers them or not. I am who I am.

Sometimes the path is tough because Satan adds barriers to discourage us. We could give up or we could fight on! Some days I feel like giving up. I get tired of the constant battle. I see nothing but jungle ahead of me with no clear path through. During my time with God he reminds me of the rewards and reminds me of my life to come. He helps me down the path even when it's tough! He won't let me give up. So I march onward!

Praise God he loves me enough to guide me through all of life, through the joy and the sorrow, through the peace and through the turmoil, and the rugged path is made smooth. Praise God!

No comments: