Sunday, April 30, 2017

Asking for less vs Asking for the Moon!

“But Peter said, “I don’t have any silver or gold for you. But I’ll give you what I have. In the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, get up and walk!”” Acts of the Apostles‬ ‭3:6‬ ‭NLT‬‬. http://bible.com/116/act.3.6.nlt

I think it is interesting that the beggar didn't ask for healing, but asked for money instead. Money would have helped but the root of this mans problem was not lack of money. His thought wasn't for God to do the "impossible" but to just help him get by.

How often do I do the same things? Do I really have faith that God can provide the miracles I need? Or do I just believe those miracles are just from the Bible? God could have given this man what he wanted through Peter. Instead he chose to fix the root of the problems in his life. God knows what we need. He knows our hearts and loves to help those who love him. Sometimes I don't want the possibility of having God dissapoint me so I lower my targets. How much of my lack of faith has impacted my life and others? God knows.

Dear Lord, forgive me for my weak faith. Thank you for giving me what I need more than what I want. I am forever grateful for your love and sacrifice. Amen!

No comments: