Saturday, June 25, 2016

The Man in the Mirror!

“For if you listen to the word and don’t obey, it is like glancing at your face in a mirror. You see yourself, walk away, and forget what you look like. But if you look carefully into the perfect law that sets you free, and if you do what it says and don’t forget what you heard, then God will bless you for doing it.”
James 1:23-25 NLT.  http://bible.com/116/jas.1.23-25.nlt

Most people, including myself, look into a mirror every day, usually multiple times a day. Mirrors are everywhere. Very few restrooms are mirrorless. I'm not real sure why. Do you need to see your face as you wash your hands after using the restroom? I certainly need to watch as I shave so I don't cut myself.  I'm not shaving in a public restroom. I really don't find it necessary to see what I look like. Good or bad, I am who I am. I am more interested in how I look to others. I'm not talking about physical appearance. I'm talking about how people perceive me and my life.  My "image" is so important if I am going to bring others to Christ. This is a real problem for me. I, literally, look like a grumpy old man. YET,  I truly enjoy life. Yes, I can be too serious at times, but I love life and I love people. I want everyone to know that.

If I'm going to change the world, I need to start with the man in the mirror. It's not my physical appearance, but my attitudes, my reflection of Christ, and what he has done in my life. Those are the key things others should see. They should see Jesus in me every day, every moment during that day, through good and bad. I need to reflect Christ to those that know me well and the stranger on the street. I'm not the person I want to be. I want to continue to strive toward that goal.

Dear Lord, Help me be the person YOU want me to be. I know I am far from that goal and I know I can not change on my own. I need your help. YOU are perfect Lord, I want to reflect you to my family, friends, and even the stranger on the street. I love YOU Lord. I praise you for my wonderful life and the blessings I have been given and know what I deserve. I am humbled by your love, mercy, and grace. Amen!




No comments: