Wednesday, June 22, 2016

What are you thinking?

15Everything is pure to those whose hearts are pure. But nothing is pure to those who are corrupt and unbelieving, because their minds and consciences are corrupted. 16Such people claim they know God, but they deny him by the way they live. They are detestable and disobedient, worthless for doing anything good. Titus 1:15-16
How can you tell if you are living the life Christ designed for you? 

Your thoughts and attitudes are the strongest predictions of your life in Christ. This is a huge struggle for me. I am not always the most positive person and can drag my life down by looking at things from a pessimistic viewpoint. Satan focuses his attack on our hearts and minds. I have to fight that battle constantly.

As Christians we have a choice. We can look at life through the eyes of hopelessness or we can live a life knowing we are already victorious. Living a life knowing Jesus is in charge should put a spring in your step. If you realize what Christ has done for you, that he is with you through every moment of every day, and he has gone to prepare a place for you when you leave this earth, you can't keep from looking at life with joy! We can't let people bring us down and keeping Christ in the forefront of our mind is the best way to keep those pure thoughts. 

I find that Christians, many times, are the most negative people in this world. I don't like to hang out with people that can't or won't look at the positive side of life. I want to be with people that know God and live like they know him. I want to be the person others look to for a positive lift to get through the day. I want people to see my joy in Christ. I want them to see a reason to explore a life devoted to my savior. The joy I put on display every day of my life is directly related the thoughts and attitudes I have. I need to control those thoughts and attitudes to be effective as a recruiter for Christ!

Dear Lord, Help me to live the life you have designed for me. Help me to control the thoughts of negativity. Help me to bring out the positive and share the joy of life in Christ. I love you Lord. I am honored to be one of your servants. Help me to be obedient to your call, to serve you with joy, and to look at life as a precious gift! I praise you! I am humbled by your love! Amen!

No comments: