Thursday, June 2, 2016

4am? Really?

“I slipped out during the night, taking only a few others with me. I had not told anyone about the plans God had put in my heart for Jerusalem..........

.........The city officials did not know I had been out there or what I was doing, for I had not yet said anything to anyone about my plans. I had not yet spoken to the Jewish leaders—the priests, the nobles, the officials, or anyone else in the administration.”
Nehemiah 2:12, 16 NLT.  http://bible.com/116/neh.2.12,16.nlt

I am proud of the fact that I have regular conversations with God. I am also honored to listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit on a regular basis. This voice often comes at the stangest times, most often in the middle of the night. Just like Nehemiah, I keep most of those revelations to my self. The plans God has laid on my heart are personal and sometimes I never reveal them, but watch them become reality.. I have to admit, sometimes these thoughts keep me awake at night. But, they are clearly from the Lord. 
That magic time for me is 4am. I can not tell you the number of times I am awaken early in the morning with a "revelation". 4am? Really? Ok, I'm fine with the Lord talking to me at anytime, day or night. I love hearing his call.

I am excited for the Lord's plans for my life. I have had over 40 years for experience watching those plans grow right before my eyes. I often wonder if others hear that same voice. Is the spirit of the Lord speaking to you? Are you open to that voice? We Christians often ignore that voice and don't even recognize it as the voice of God. I can say that God is speaking. He speaks to us every day. We need to just take the time to listen. Listen to his direction, his counsel, his love, and I can say your life will change. It is one thing to pray to the God of the Universe, it is completely different to listen to his voice. Listen and be amazed!

No comments: