Friday, June 24, 2016

Undivided Loyalty!

“If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind. Such people should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Their loyalty is divided between God and the world, and they are unstable in everything they do.”
James 1:5-8 NLT. http://bible.com/116/jas.1.5-8.nlt

God is amazing. I'll be honest. I pray for wisdom all the time. I'm not the smartest person and sometimes I just don't "get it" as quickly as most people. Yet, I feel myself leading in ways that shock me. I hear my own words and can't believe it was ME that came up with them. Do you know what I'm talking about? Have you ever completed a task, said something, or stepped out of your comfort zone and asked "Who was that?", knowing full well it was NOT you but your Heavenly Father speaking through you?

It seems completely unfair that we should receive ANYTHING for accepting the guidance of the Holy Spirit! That's how grace works. That is exactly what happens. I have such a wonderful life. I have been in leadership positions in everything I have done. The only reason is the power of my God. The times my weaknesses show through is due to MY "humanness". When I get out of the way and let God truly control my life, amazing things happen. I see myself doing things that would not be possible through my own power. Praise God for his grace, mercy, and power in my life.

Dear Lord, I am humbled by your presence in my life. I absolutely owe everything in my life to you and your love. I honor you for the patience you have had with me. You have been with me my entire life and I have not always been open to your guidance. Forgive me. Guide me. Take me through this life with your purpose, not my own. Amen!

No comments: