Wednesday, July 20, 2016

How's your Faith!

“But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind. Such people should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Their loyalty is divided between God and the world, and they are unstable in everything they do.”
James 1:6-8 NLT
http://bible.com/116/jas.1.6-8.nlt

I'm back from vacation. I know what your thinking, was I on vacation from the Lord? No, certainly not. While on vacation it is difficult to write my blog due to travel and inconsistent Internet. I still spend plenty time with the Lord. But, I long for routine and am looking forward to writing again. So I'm back.

As with most people, my prayer life is up and down. There are times I am in constant prayer and other times I can't seem to make the time. Lord forgive me! Yet, even with my inconsistent prayer life, I rarely find any doubts in the power of my God. My loyalty, my faith is in the one true God. 

During my trip to the Atlantic Coast I was able to witness the extreme power of crashing waves. I saw the power and unpredictability of the churning sea. But I also got to see the power and stability of the rocky coast and the impressive protection of the lighthouse guarding the countless harbors.  Though the waves grew ever higher with the strength of the wind and tides, they could not intimidate. The harbors were safe. They were tranquil, they were calm. 

I have seen the turmoils of life. I have seen financial ruin, family medical crisis, and job uncertainty, personally. The winds have stirred the waves and the seas have been violent. My God, my savior has been the rock protecting my harbor. Jesus has been the lighthouse to help me navigate life. My loyalty has not been in doubt. My loyalty has grown. Praise God I can see his light. I can be confident nothing will hurt me. I will be sheltered in his arms. I praise God that even in my wavering prayer life, he has been there, always. My Faith is strong in the Lord. He is my rock. He is my fortress. He is my life! 

Dear Lord, Thank You for the time of rest. Now that I am back. Please guide me in preparation for another school year. Guide me in everything I do. I praise you for your grace, mercy, and strength in all things. Amen!


No comments: