Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Why did I miss?

““The people you rescued by your great power and strong hand are your servants. O Lord, please hear my prayer! Listen to the prayers of those of us who delight in honoring you. Please grant me success today by making the king favorable to me. Put it into his heart to be kind to me.” In those days I was the king’s cup-bearer.”  Nehemiah 1:10-11 NLT.  http://bible.com/116/neh.1.10-11.nlt

Nehemiah was on his way to ask the King to let Isreal return to Jerusalem to rebuild the city. He had a plan, but needed this powerful king to allow him to execute the plan. As Christians working in a secular society, we often need help in carrying out Gods plans. Many times the ones we need approval are anti-Christian. They are biased against anything related to faith. 

God can use anyone and anything for his purposes. Nehemiah's prayers softened the heart of the King. Nehemiah was used by the Lord to help soften the heart of King Artaxerxes. Nehemiah was a cupbearer at the time and still the Lord used him. 

If we are in constant prayer with the Lord, if we spend our lives knowing th Lord, we, too, can be used by him n powerful ways. We just need to spend time listening for the voice of God. We need to be open to the moving of the Holy Spirit and the calling of God. Until we do that, we will miss opportunities to be blessed by the Lord. We will miss opportunities to serve. There is no way for us to know what we missed, but I know, personally, I have missed many. I can look back and see those lost chances and it completely saddens me.

Dear Lord, use me. Use me for your purposes. Open my own heart like you opened the heart of the King. Forgive me for lost chances. I love you and want nothing more than to serve you. Amen!

No comments: