Tuesday, June 14, 2016

A TRUTH Filter

“For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear. They will reject the truth and chase after myths.”
2 Timothy 4:3-4 NLT. http://bible.com/116/2ti.4.3-4.nlt

This weekend's events in Orlando prove we are in the time mentioned by Paul to Timothy. The Information Age is wonderful, but people have a desperately difficult time recognizing the truth. Politics jade the view of all things. Myths permeate our daily lives. What is the truth? If you spend all your time on the internet, you will soon find a truth that suits your wants and needs. If you are conservative, you will find plenty websites that feed your conservatism. If you are a liberal, the same is true. If you want to radicalize in a religious way, you can find that too. There are infinite teachings how you should live. How do we discern the truth, THE REAL TRUTH!?

TO put it in general terms, you need to have a filter to feed information. You need to have a moral measuring stick. You need to have some ABSOLUTE TRUTHS that are unwavering in your life like "Thou shall not kill"and "Thou shall not steal." If you have a filter of death and hate, you will do anything against people that oppose you. If you have a filter of love and service, you will do anything you can for your fellow man including sacrificing your life. I am sure you can tell where I get MY moral center. 

I believe in Jesus Christ. He is my moral center. He is my filter. He is the truth. Jesus never hated others. He loved even the unlovable. He sacrificed his life for me. I could not be a part of a religion, an idiology that teaches hate and violence towards others. It pains me and I just don't understand the appeal to hate others  and to plan death and destruction. We need Jesus now more than ever! WE need to share Jesus love! We need to be there for the lost. We need to go, even to the extremists and preach the gospel. Jesus is the truth. You can stop looking. Pursue him, listen to his voice, answer his call, follow his lead. HE IS THE ONLY WAY!

Dear Lord Jesus, I am in mourning for those precious people that lost their lives in Orlando. I long for the hate to stop. I long for people to come to you. Please Lord give us a discerning heart. Give us a TRUTH FILTER that guides our actions every day. We need you in this world. Give me boldness to proclaim you on every street corner, to every person. Help me to serve and be your hands and feet. I ask a special blessing for the families of those that lost their lives. Make your presence known in their lives. Show them an overwhelming love to drown out the hate that has attacked their lives. I love you and praise you. Your grace and mercy is perfect. Amen!

No comments: