Thursday, June 16, 2016

I hate the show

21“I hate all your show and pretense—the hypocrisy of your religious festivals and solemn assemblies.22 I will not accept your burnt offerings and grain offerings. I won’t even notice all your choice peace offerings. 23 Away with your noisy hymns of praise! I will not listen to the music of your harps. 24 Instead, I want to see a mighty flood of justice, an endless river of righteous living. Amos 5:21-24

Christians need to take action. Christians need to stop spending their lives "at church" and go to the lost, go to the poor, go to the widows, and serve. We sing wonderful praise music on Sunday mornings. We build huge auditoriums. We talk a big talk. We need to go beyond just the "SHOW" and serve Jesus. 
WE NEED TO FIGHT EVIL!
I hate the show of Christianity. So many of my brothers and sisters in Christ are more about the show than the fight for the lost. I hate the show because it covers up the real world. The world that desperately needs a savior.
What are you doing to serve the kingdom? Are you living and endless river of righteousness. Are you pursuing justice? What are you DOING with your faith?
Come on Christians, get off your couches and serve. We need leaders to lead an army for the Lord. We need to enter the battle! How can you sit on the sidelines while the world is heading to eternal death? SERVE! SERVE! SERVE!

Dear Lord, Move me. Move others to serve your purposes. Fill us with your Spirit that we might win the battle for the lost. I love you Lord and I am in pain and overwhelmed by the number of people that do not know you. Our world is pursuing evil because those people don't know you. In order to stem the tide, we need head to the front lines, suite up with the armor of God, and attack! Help us Lord as we follow your word and go into the world to preach the gospel! Amen!

No comments: