Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Wasted Days!

“Do not waste time arguing over godless ideas and old wives’ tales. Instead, train yourself to be godly. “Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come.””  1 Timothy 4:7-8 NLT  http://bible.com/116/1ti.4.7-8.nlt

IT is amazing to me what we spend our time on. I am a former high school athletic director and love sports. Yankee baseball, IU basketball, Miami Dolphin football dominate my life throughout the year. Yet, much of this is really frivolous. We spend countless hours debating the best sports teams, following rock stars and applauding hollywood greats. I wonder how many wasted days and wasted nights I have spent on these minor parts of life. Let's take some of that time and energy and turn it toward the Lord.  We are adamant we just don't have enough time to study the word of the Lord. We save our prayers for the fading moments at the end of the day and leave it up to our churches to raise our children in the faith. 

Stop wasting time arguing over godless ideas and trivial pursuits, Instead spend time speaking to the Lord, training yourself through studying the Bible, and spend your time training your heart to worship him through all things. The things of this world constantly detract from our relationship with the Lord and we need to force ourselves to spend more time getting to know the Creator of the Universe and the plans he has made for us. Their is no greater joy in my life than spending time with my savior. I know I should do it more and I am never satisfied with the relationship. It always needs to be better. 


Dear Lord, I love you and know I need to spend more time talking with you, in your word, and praising you for this life. We waste so much time apart from you. Forgive me. Forgive us. Help us to focus on the more important part of life, you Lord! Amen!

No comments: