Thursday, June 23, 2016

Such Wonderful Words

“But— When God our Savior revealed his kindness and love, he saved us, not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He washed away our sins, giving us a new birth and new life through the Holy Spirit. He generously poured out the Spirit upon us through Jesus Christ our Savior. Because of his grace he declared us righteous and gave us confidence that we will inherit eternal life.”Titus 3:4-7 NLT.  http://bible.com/116/tit.3.4-7.nlt

Such wonderful and needed words. 

I am a man of routine. Every morning I get up, make my lunch, get my cup of coffee, sit down, and watch the news. I am confident I can say, "This world is a mess." We have a group of religious radicals bent on destroying us and beheading Christians. The attorney general recommends we defeat them with love. We didn't defeat Hitler with love. We have a completely dysfunctional federal government protesting on the floor of the house instead of getting together to talk compromise. Both sides are so bogged down in their own propaganda, they have no sense of reality. We have a choice between a liar and an arrogant SOB running for leader of the free world. Another police officer was killed. Blue Lives Matter! ALL LIVES MATTER!  This world is crazy!

It would be easy to lose hope. These verses give us the hope. Grace, God's grace and mercy give me complete hope. I have the great privilege being filled with the Holy Spirit. That alone would give hope. I have been declared righteous and WILL receive eternal life. Praise God. I can walk through this mixed up, crazy world with the power of Jesus at my side and my eyes focused on eternity. PRAISE GOD!

Dear Lord Jesus, Our world needs you. Our world is lost and needs your love, mercy, and grace. I need your hope. Fill me with your spirit. Give me the power to share that hope with confidence. Fill me with joy that comes from knowing my ultimate destination, Eternity with you! Amen!


No comments: