Sunday, June 19, 2016

God has seen it all

“Must I forever see these evil deeds? Why must I watch all this misery? Wherever I look, I see destruction and violence. I am surrounded by people who love to argue and fight. The law has become paralyzed, and there is no justice in the courts. The wicked far outnumber the righteous, so that justice has become perverted.”
Habakkuk 1:3-4 NLT
http://bible.com/116/hab.1.3-4.nlt

I am always surprised at how "in touch" the Bible can be. Habakkuk could have written these verses yesterday instead of thousands of years ago. Evil is not new. There has been evil around since the beginning of time. As long as we have sin in the world, we will have people following through with evil deeds. God has seen it all. 

It is so easy to panic with all the craziness in the world today. I can really get stressed out thinking of my grandkids and the world they live in. You can get a sense of hopelessness when you see terrorism and hate for Christianity. The rapid moral decay of our society is beyond words. God has seen it all and he knows the victory that lies ahead. I find my relief from the anxiety and stress through my savior. I do that through constant reading of Gods word. I find my relief through praying without ceasing. I can handle the rampant sin through worship and praise. I share my faith as a way to hold back the tide of endless messages of hate and intolerance. I share Jesus to save others from their own destruction. 

There is always hope, even in the a world infatuated with sin! Praise God he provides hope in darkness!

Dear Lord, I praise you that you are here to comfort me, to provide peace in a world of chaos. I know we don't deserve your power and strength, yet you always are there to share that strength and power everyday of my life. I love you Lord and look forward to sharing life with you in eternity.Amen!

No comments: