Friday, November 14, 2014

I'm not a great fan!

Set a guard over my mouth, Lord; keep watch over the door of my lips. Do not let my heart be drawn to what is evil so that I take part in wicked deeds along with those who are evildoers; do not let me eat their delicacies. (Psalm 141:3-4 NIV)

I love my sports teams. I love watching the Hoosiers, Dolphins, Yankees, Dale Jr. and of course the Railroaders. But, when I am at home watching my favorite team on TV, it's not always pretty. I don't hurt anyone. I don't damage furniture or people! However, I do get a "little" vicuous wIth poor performing team members and officials. I can feel my blood pressure grow and the tension build. If they lose, it takes a few hours to get over it.

Why does it really matter? Besides my patient and very tolerant wife, my over zealous sports fanaticism doesn't hurt anyone, does it? 

In fact the person it hurts most is me and it is not good for me. God want me to honor him at all times. When I don't honor him, it affects my heart and it affects my body. Even after I "cool" down from a game, I realize I have acted pretty foolish. I realize I have not honored my gracious Heavenly Father. I need to change that. I need to work on how I honor God at all times. 

Please Lord, continue your work in me. Continue to change me into the person you want me to be. I love you and don't want to dishonor you in any way. Forgive me! I love you and worship your great and holy name. amen! 

No comments: