Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Jet Lag proves God is amazing!

For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us. (Psalm 103:11-12 NIV)

I am finally getting over my jet lag from my trip to California last week. It is amazing how far it is from the Midwest to the West coast. My aging body was thrown into a frenzy with just the simple three hour difference. It seems like it takes longer to recover now that I'm over half a century old. While I was out there I would wake up at 3am, 4am, 5am, and so on. I couldn't stay up past 7 at night. Now that I'm home, I can't get to sleep. But traveling by jet is fun and I love the beauty of traveling 30,000 feet above our amazing planet. 

So after that exhausting week of travel, I am reintroduced to this wonderful verse. God really loves me and jet lag helps me realize just how much.  I traveled a relatively small distance that had a major impact on my body. God goes to infinitely greater distances to forgive us of our sins. He removes them and forgets them at the same time. He loves me so much and I am humbled by that love. It endures even when I am far from God and his wonderful plan. Praise God!

No comments: