Thursday, November 27, 2014

Real Thanksgiving!

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life. (Psalm 143:8 NIV)

Yes, it's the absolute best holiday of the year TODAY - It's Thanksgiving Day!

Thanksgiving is the ugly stepsister to Christmas. I don't have anything against Christmas. I love celebrating the birth of my savior. But, secularists have taken over Christmas and it is hard to see the real meaning through the presents, the lights, the glitter, and the economic impact. Thanksgiving is the purest holiday. 

Thanksgiving is centered around the important things in life. This holiday has its roots in God and family. There is nothing better than sitting down with the family and celebrating the joys of the blessings God has provided. When you have a wonderful relationship with God it is amazing how you become aware of his many gifts. This year is no exception. Our latest blessing is the addition of a new grandson. My oldest daughter is adopting a young 10 year old boy. We are so excited about him joining our family. When you add him to all the other grandkids, you can't help but shout for joy. God has blessed all my daughters in wonderful ways. We all have our health and our lives are filled with love. 

My prayer for today is that we, as a family, will continue to serve God. I pray we will honor all the many blessings we have received by sharing the love of Christ within our own little worlds. I praise God for his grace and the joy of his salvation. I praise him for the answers to prayer and the amazing love he shares everyday. I love my life and love to get up every day to serve him. Thank you Lord and Happy Thansgiving to everyone!

No comments: