Wednesday, November 19, 2014

I write late!

When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy. (Psalm 94:19 NIV)

I write most of my blog posts late at night. I reread them in the morning and then post them before I read the newspaper. I do this, partly, because it takes me some time to wind down from the day. My time with the Lord is the very best way to relieve my anxiety. My mind is in constant motion. There is always one more lesson to prepare, one more grade to enter, one more email to reply, or one more post to make. Focusing on the Lord removes the stress. It removes the anxiety, and it provides the peace to gently rock me to sleep.

I find prayer an bible study are my greatest comfort and instruments of peace. My time with Jesus gives me the mental strength to relax my mind. I think we all need time to unwind after out hectic days. Many people use destructive means to relax, drugs, alcohol, an inappropriate websites don't provide the peace from building a relationship with Christ. Real peace and joy comes Christ. I know this first hand. Praise God for his wonderful peace and the joy in my heart! Good Night!

No comments: