Saturday, November 15, 2014

Not me!

Not to us, Lord, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness. (Psalm 115:1 NIV)

I am almost embarrassed to admit how great my life is. When I say I am a blessed man that is a significant understatement. I have the best wife in the world. She loves me and treats me like a. King even with all my faults and eccentricities. I have a great family that loves the lord and I see him active in their lives every day. They are going way beyond anything I have ever done for the Lord and raising families of great God  loving kids. 

I have the best job in the world educating young people. I am excited to head to GHS every single day. Building relationships with young people is the most rewarding occupation you could ever choose. Contrary to popular views, this is the best time in history to be a teacher. Sure there are challenges, but the resources we have and the flexibility we have to teach is at a level ever seen before.

My life as a member of CMA makes my weekends and free time fun, exciting, and filled with purpose.  It is so rewarding to work with my motorcycling family to spread the gospel of Jesus. When you pair that with the wonderful church I attend, I couldn't ask for a better spiritual life.

So, why am I so blessed? That is a great question with a simple answer. The grace of God. It's not me. It's not anything I've done. It's not my greatness. It's the greatness of God. I am far less than great. If you read through the archives of this blog, you will see many of my faults and poor decisions. But, my loving God, overlooks those weaknesses. He has given me this life because of his great love.

Praise God for his wonderful love.

No comments: