Tuesday, November 18, 2014

"People Blessings", my life is filled with them!

Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, “The Lord has done great things for them.” (Psalm 126:2 NIV)

Do you ever get tired of hearing how blessed I am? If I need to I'll apologize. But, my God is a God filled with blessings in many different forms. One of my many blessings are my friends, my students, and my colleagues. 

This verse brought all those many "people blessings" to my mind. I have such a great time at school with my co teachers and my wonderful students. It's not all fun and games, but we laugh, we share our joys, and we share the challenges in a remarkable way. I just can't say enough about the colleagues I have at GHS. It's a special place where we can challenge, provoke, support, joke, plan, tease, collaborate, praise, console, learn, grow, and love each other every single day. I hear such nightmares in schools across our nation. That just doesn't exist at GHS. With a great faculty comes great students. I love my kids. It's my weekday family and there is nothing more valuable on this earth than a family. I see them growing in amazing ways. We are planning a special trip to our local nursing home, not because a teacher came up with an idea, but because one of our caring students had an idea.

The same could be said for my CMA family. They also hold a special place in my heart. They are another example of "people blessings". I can't even find the words to express the joy from this group of dedicated christians. There love for Christ shines through in the fun we have and the ministry we share. 

All of these people plus my REAL family give me reason to shout for joy. Let the nations say, "The Lord has done great things for us!" Praise God for the blessings I have in life, especially the blessings that walk with me everyday! Thank you Lord!

No comments: