Sunday, November 9, 2014

Message in a bottle!

Save me, O God, for the waters have come up to my neck. I sink in the miry depths, where there is no foothold. I have come into the deep waters; the floods engulf me. I am worn out calling for help; my throat is parched. My eyes fail, looking for my God. (Psalm 69:1-3 NIV)

I find it fascinating how the Holy Spirit works in our lives. So often I come upon verses in 
Gods word that fit so perfectly in my life, not this time. It makes me wonder if it is a prelude to trouble. Yet, I can not see it and don't sense it anywhere. Maybe this message isn't meant for me. Maybe I am the bottle that God is placed a special message. He has tossed me into the ocean of life to be found by just the right person. Just maybe ithe message of Psalm 69:1-3 is meant for me to share. Maybe it will come through me at the right time in someone else's life. 

It really is presumptuous and self centered of me to think God sends messages to me exclusively for my own purpose. In fact I have asked him to use me and right now I restate that desire. Lord use me. I know this verse was sent to me by your love and grace. It was sent for me to share. Open my eyes to the person that needs this verse right now in their special circumstances. I know you love who ever it is and am honored that you trust me to be with them. 

Praise God for your perfect love and the grand plan of our lives!

No comments: