Sunday, November 2, 2014

Oh to be patient!

I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. (Psalm 40:1 NIV)

One of my worst qualities is the lack of patience. It comes in many forms. I am impatient with people. I am impatient with time and events. I am impatient with the Lord. It's painful to admit that last one. I can justify my impatience with others, even wrongly. But, how can I justify being impatient with the most high God. I must be a fool. None the less, I admit God's time table is usually not my own. You would think with 54 years experience with the perfect timing of my savior, I would develop patience. 

Why can I trust God with everything in my life, but not trust his timing? Has he ever failed to come through? Certainly not! Have I suffered greatly on this Earth because God has not met my schedule? Vehemently No, I have never suffered in this world. Do I have example after example of his perfect timing? Yes, yes, yes. He never ceases to amaze me. I worry, I fret, I stumble, doubt, and cry out, but his timing has always been abundantly better than my own. 

Lord forgive me. I know of all your wonderful love and grace, yet doubt. Please Lord continue to teach me patience. Teach me your ways. It's ironic, but I ask you to be patient with me. Instill in me a peace and contentment waiting on you.

No comments: