Sunday, November 23, 2014

I see people being crushed!

The enemy pursues me, he crushes me to the ground; he makes me dwell in the darkness like those long dead. So my spirit grows faint within me; my heart within me is dismayed. (Psalm 143:3-4 NIV)

As you know, I am thrilled with my life. God has blessed me in great abundance. When I sit down for Thanksgiving dinner this week, I will not be able to contain my thankfulness. But, this is not to say, there is no evil in the world. As a matter of fact, I see evil everywhere. The enemy is at the door, he pursues us and his plans are to crush us.

I have seen the hedge of protection around me and my family, yet I am affected about the evils of this life. I see a young lady battling with cancer as she tries to raise her two young daughters. At the same time she fights a serious divorce. When I hear this I want to shout to God, "Leave her alone!! Protect her because she is being crushed and the enemy pursues her.

I see students at school that battle with bullies, confidence, and being socially outcast. My heart aches for their pain. I see the same students abandoned by their parents, fighting broken relationships, and struggling with poverty. I scream, God protect them from the evil of this world. Stop anyone bringing harm to them and punish the evildoers severely.

I see bikers hiding behind sin,convincing themselves their is no God that could love them. I see them lose the battle of destructive decision making. I see satan taking hold of their weaknesses, stealing hope, and providing temporary joy.

Yes, there is much evil in this world. It shames me to see it. But, the Lord saves me. He saves me for his purpose that I might serve the lost and those fighting a losing battle with evil. I praise God and pledge my life to spreading true joy through him!

No comments: