Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Holding hands

Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. (Psalm 73:23-24 NIV)

One of the great joys in life is the simple act of holding the hand of my young grandchildren. It happens when we are going in to a store and I want to make sure they stay with me. It happens when they want me to come with them to see something and on occasion it happens when we go for walks. It's a brief moment in time when life seems perfect. The act of clasping a hand is the ultimate symbol of oneness. It happens when I hold the hand of my wife, it happens when a group holds hands in prayer. It amazes me how such a small act can bring such peace.

I can just imagine God feels the same way. When I am with God, when I am praying continuously, when I am serving him, when I am worshipping, it is the same as taking a walk with God, hand-in-hand. The peace in my life is directly related to my relationship with my savior. He often grasps my hand for my safety. He gently grasps my hand to lead me through life and he joins me to let me know he loves me. He is my counsel and I look forward to the eternal glory  he will take me to. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

No comments: