Saturday, August 2, 2014

Overflow

May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you. (1 Thessalonians 3:12 NIV)

          We had our monthly CMA (Christian Motorcyclist Association) meeting yesterday. I just love these people so much. We had a couple of visitors and had about 25 people. I have to say I've grown to really love our Chapter members and the others that are called to join us from time to time. Our mission is to be there when you need us and I can truly say these people are dedicated to that mission. The real value of our CMA chapter is the love that overflows for each other and others we meet. 

We don't have to pound the Bible over the heads of people to bring them to a real faith in Jesus. We just need to LOVE them and be there to serve when we are needed. We do that by spending time, listening, joking, laughing, sharing adventures, building memories, and walking through life with each other. We talk about vacations, pick on each other, talk about our families, our trials, hurts, and joys. We share our passions, plan time to spend with each other and just flat out LOVE on each other. 

I think you can tell how much you really love someone by the time you WANT to spend with them and how much you enjoy each other's presence. I just can't get enough of my CMA family. 

WHAT ABOUT GOD? You can really make your love overflow by investing in your relationship with Him. When you just can't get enough of him in prayer time, studying his word, and serving his purposes, that's when your love overflows. I hate it when I run out of time in my morning devotions. I get frustrated how tired I am when I'm studying my Bible and praying at the end of a long day. My weariness gets in the way of the relationship I value the most. I long to spend more time with Jesus and I love it when I sense his presence. The feeling of his love gushing out of me is a feeling like none other. The sense of overflowing love from the God of the universe will bring you to your knees. It's awesome, it's spectacular, it's real!

Dear Lord, I can't praise you enough for your love. I love you with all my heart. I thank you deeply for my CMA family and the time we get to spend with each other. I praise you for blessing me with a wonderful family and a life filled with love. Thank you Lord! Amen and Amen!


No comments: