Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Let's get out of their way!

Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. (1 Timothy 4:12 NIV)

It's the first day of school, I'm always excited and nervous about this day and the few weeks we have getting into a routine. This verse is appropriate because this is how I feel about the teenagers I teach. So my message to them is don't let anyone look down on you because you are young. I want to help them be an example for others, even adults. 

It's always been true that young people are looked down on by adults. The older generation doesn't like their music, electronics, social media, attitudes, passions, or mos other things they do. As. a teacher , I love all of those things about teenagers. They love life and even in high school are innocent about life. Sure they make mistakes, so do adults. Most students still have the attitude they want to change the world. If we just get out of their way, they just might.

Here's to another great year at Garrett High School!

Thank you lord for this verse. It is very timely!

No comments: