Sunday, August 3, 2014

Do you blame him?

In a surge of anger I hid my face from you for a moment, but with everlasting kindness I will have compassion on you,” says the Lord your Redeemer. (Isaiah 54:8 NIV)

God gets mad at us. Do you blame him? I look at the world today and realize my loving God has every right to be angry, to hide his face from us. The AMAZING part of grace is he doesn't stay angry long. He has such great love for us that he never gives up on us, even when we deserve his eternal anger. God is no like us, he doesn't hold a grudge. His kindness is eternal, not his anger. His anger quickly turns to compassion. Compassion is 

"a feeling of deep sympathy and sorrow for another who is stricken by misfortune, accompanied by a strong desire to alleviate the suffering."

It's safe to say his anger turns to a broken heart and deep sorrow. He looks down on us, holds his head in his hands and weeps. The image of the creator of the universe crying for me is a powerful picture. I need to do all I can to change that sorrow. Sure, I am fighting an up hill battle, but I will not let my own actions feed into that sorrow. If we all worried about making our own little world a more godly place, God's tears would turn to joy. God has given us freedom to control our own lives. When we do that we usually make a mess of things. Asking God to intervene is the only way to really correct the ills of this world. So our goal, the way to change his sadness to sorrow is through spreading his gospel. If we can see more and more lives turned to Christ, the world will be a better place.

What csn you do to stop the pain of our wonderful caring God?

No comments: