Monday, August 11, 2014

God demands action now!

He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? (Romans 8:32 NIV)

I am completely horrified by the brutal slaying of Christians in Iraq. I am equally devastated by the lack of urgency to take action against these killers. I am also greatly affected by the mass number of Palestinians killed by needless shelling. No I'm not upset at my Israeli friends, but the cowards that hide behind their own women and children. I have seen too many public displays of women and children beheaded, shot, and buried alive. I've seen too many families ripped apart by extreme Islamist. Call me a hater if you want, tell me I lack compassion, I don't care. Just get the killing to stop.

We are called to action to protect innocent women and children. We are called to protect those who can not protect themselves. It's not politics, it's not negotiation, it's power that will protect them. Our congress, our president, our military leaders are all useless if we sit by and watch this occur. Maybe we should exchange them for these innocent lives. I do not think violence and war can solve the ills of this world, but a line has been crossed. It now becomes a solemn duty to fight until the death if necessary and put these radical groups in the grave for good. Our own humanity demands it! 

God took extreme measures to save us from ourselves. Would he not comitt more to sacrifice for innocent people? I say yes. He takes action through us. He prompts us to our own sacrifices for the innocent. Let's be bold and serve mankind by sacrificing our own to save others!

No comments: