Friday, August 15, 2014

Why I go to church

that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith. (Romans 1:12 NIV)

That's it. The reason I attend church. That's the reason I am a member of the Christian Motorcyclists Association. We have a great mission to bring others to know Christ like we do, but that lifetime goal can be demanding and a challenge most of the time. So, we need to spend time encouraging each other.

I love my church. I love my CMA family and I love the encouragement I get by being with these wondeful believers. This weekend I will be at the CMA Indiana State Rally and i am looking forward to the time encouraging and being encouraged! I am so blessed. 

If you don't have a church, a fellowship of believers, to encourage you or for you to encourage. FIND ONE! You can't go through life,as a believer in Christ, in isolation. You need to be encouraged and you need to encourage others. I know some churches that really hit this nail on the head and others miss the mark by a mile. If you are at a church that doesn't raise your spirits, change.  God designed us to be in fellowship with each other and designed the church to be the center of that fellowship.

Dear Lord, help those that do not know the fellowship of a good church. Help them to find a great place to share their Christian walk. Help them to discover a place that helps them endure the pains, the joys, the tears, and the laughter, of everyday life. I praise you for my faith family. AMEN!

No comments: