Wednesday, August 27, 2014

I've lied!

“So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. (Luke 11:9-10 NIV)

It's confession time! How many of you have told someone you are praying for them and you haven't? I have and I'm hoping I'm not the only one. I'm not proud of that and am more than a little embarrassed by it. 

I apologized to a friend yesterday for not praying for him like I should. Now, in this case I didn't tell him I would pray. But, isn't it understood that you will pray for close friends. Now he's going through some stress. What would have happened if I would have continued to pray for him without ceasing? Would he be going through this rough patch right now? Even though I never told him I would pray for him, there are other people I have told then never followed through. I need to change that.

These verses say we only have to ask and it will be given. If I would have asked, would this trial never have happened? I'm not sure, but I'm not willing to take the chance. My friends, family, and coworkers deserve the best when it cones to prayer. I need to do better trying to advocate for my circle. God will listen. But, we have to communicate with him at all times. We need to knock, ask, and seek, then sit back and watch the power of God!

No comments: