Sunday, August 10, 2014

It's the LEAST I can do??

“Phinehas son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron, the priest, has turned my anger away from the Israelites. Since he was as zealous for my honor among them as I am, I did not put an end to them in my zeal. (Numbers 25:11 NIV)

While a little confusing, this verse demonstrates the true character of our relationship with God. God really listens to us. We can "change his mind" on events. If we are faithful to him and fervently pray we can "turn away the anger"  of God.

So, if you are a zealous follower of Christ, your prayers can have a mighty impact through the power of our gracious God. 

I've been a little overwhelmed with prayer requests lately. I have many friends struggling with cancer issues, injuries, and traumatic incidents in their lives. Many are facing tough decisions and are needing real wisdom. I can't grant them any of their desires,but I can pray for them. It cheapens prayer to say "it's the least I can do!" Because it's the most powerful actor service you can perform for your family and friends. I consider myself a prayer warrior. I enjoy praying and advocating for my friends, family, coworkers, and people I run into at the occasional motorcycle rally. I'm no one special, except that I am a fierce believer in God and his Son Jesus Christ. I have seen the power of my God in answering prayers. Pray often, during good times and bad. Pray!

No comments: