Monday, August 18, 2014

It's a repeat.

I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong— that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith. (Romans 1:11-12 NIV)

I don't often repeat a verse from one day to another. But this is fitting. I just spent a great weekend with my Christian Motorcyclist Association family and it was great. We did just exactly as this verse calls, we encouraged each other andwe shared gifts, all to make us strong and encourage each other. Yes, I was encouraged and made strong.

It's hard to describe really What we did. We laughed, we worshipped, we ate, we told stories, we rode our motorcycles, and we just had a blast. We didn't have any big spiritual mission, or deep theological discussions, but God was certainly present in powerful ways.

Thank you Lord for these great times. Thank you for the times you have provided for us to make each other strong in our faith and to encourage us to serve you!

No comments: