Sunday, August 24, 2014

Overwhelmed?

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. (2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV)

Most people I know have experienced the point of being overwhelmed at some point in their life. It can happen on a daily basis at certain times of the year. For me, the anxiety level increases at the start of school, at the end of school, and times of confrontation. I feel powerless when I see my family going through tough times, illness of loved ones, and through tragedies in the community. The news is another source of stress and tension. I can get myself into a state of amazing stress and anxiety. Then I realize, I serve the creator of the universe, he is my strength.

All of these sources of tension, stress, and anxiety, are also sources of strength. When I get to the place where these contentious moments overwhelm me, I turn to God. He is always there. When I finally turn to the creator of all things, it's amazing how the anxiety fades away. The paralysis of life, is eliminated, I can get back to living life knowing God's strength is perfect and I feel his strength in me. My God has already conquered death, he has won the victory over evil and pain. 

The relief I feel is supernatural. It's not just some placebo. It exists in my life and can also be real in your life. I can not imagine dealing with the troubles of this life without Jesus. You can have that reality in your life. Get in your knees, ask forgiveness for your own sins, commit yourself and your life to Christ, the son of the God of all things. Turn your troubles over to him and your weakness will be made strong!

No comments: