Thursday, August 7, 2014

No more Monday Morning Quarterbacking!

Hatred stirs up conflict, but love covers over all wrongs. (Proverbs 10:12 NIV)

It's been a long few days as we start another school year. I've been working late and getting up early, putting in 16 hour days between school and working at home getting ready for the next day and adjusting curriculum for new students, etc. I think only teachers can appreciate the first couple weeks at school. It makes the floor of the New Yprk Stock Exchange seem like a peaceful walk on a quiet beach! 

But, I love the start of school. Everyone has pretty good attitudes. We haven't developed a dull routine and everything is fresh and new. Even the teachers lounge is a positive place. 

I have made a goal of completely avoiding negative people this year. People that hate everything and everyone about life drag others down and I won't be a part of it. I will respond to Gossip, he-said-she-said talk, and bad mouthing teachers and students by TURNING AND WALKING AWAY. I've never been more serious about any goal. Monday morning Quareterbacks don't just criticize on Monday morning, it happens every day in schools, businesses, and homes. Not me!

Will you join me, we can stamp out hate and negativity if more people just do the same. Stop it, walk away, don't feed in to the hate!

No comments: