Thursday, July 31, 2014

Discomfort!

But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven. (Matthew 10:33 NIV)

Have you ever been embarassed about your faith? Have you ever hidden it from a crowd of non believers? I think at some point in everyone's life you have those feelings of discomfort being a Christian around nonbelievers. I'm guessing that most Christians have not outright denied Christ in public. But, I'm guessing we have all done that in subtle ways. We might not come to the defense of someone being harassed. We might have even made fun if other Christians or discounted the value of our faith. Do you still pray in open for your dinner but do pray at home? We all have times we aren't the best at standing up for our faith.

One of my favorite verses is when Joshua says 

But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” (Joshua 24:15 NIV)

It's a bold statement among nonbelievers. 

The older I get, the bolder I get and the less I care about what others think of me. It's taken years to get there. We live in an extreme time of "political correctness" and persecution as Christians.  We can't offend anyone without being strongly chastised. So, it's not popular to stand up for your faith. It's considered extreme when we are bold for Jesus. Yet, that is exactly our call. The end is near. We do not have a moment to waste. Hiding in weakness from disbelievers is not considered sharing the gospel.

SHARE YOUR FAITH, BE BOLD. SHARE EVEN WHEN IT IS UNCOMFORTABLE!

No comments: