Sunday, April 6, 2014

We all need something more than vanilla ice cream!

But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it. (Ephesians 4:7 NIV)

I had a great day today. I got to spend it with my CMA brothers and sisters first at our monthly meeting and second at an open house for our local Harley dealership. I got to see a lot of people I haven't seen in a while and met some new biker friends. I am so intrigued by the diversity of my friends and aquaintences. I am truly excited that we are so different. It's the same with my daughters and grandkids. They all grew up in the same environment, yet they are all so wonderfully unique. I have a daughter who is just like me. I have one just like my wife and one that is a pretty good mix. They all have different aspirations and their lives grow in different directions, just like the branches of a tree.

 It's all through Gods plan.

God developed our inner most being. Every molecule of our existence is not by chance. The diversity is built into us by our creator and I enjoy it. It seemes,  though, the world continues to try to destroy our differences. We all need to conform. All extremes are discouraged. If the world had its way everything would be vanilla. Not that I hate vanilla ice cream, but ice cream would be pretty boring if it were all vanilla. We all need the variety and uniqueness of churches, jobs, motorcycles, weather, and spiritual gifts. I want everyone to become a follower of Christ, but that doesn't mean I want everyone to be the same. Christ gave us a portion of grace to fit perfectly In our lives. Our portion, our gifts, were uniquely designed so we each could fit into a perfect place in eternity. Don't wish to be like someone else. Don't envy the gifts of others. God has given us each the gift he NEEDS us to have. Celebrate that special gift. If you don't know your gifts, don't worry, you have them. Pray for them to be revealed to you. Pray his wisdom for how to use those gifts.Then go out and use your portion of grace to serve the kingdom.

Praise God for his wonderful gift of grace, molded just for me!

No comments: