Sunday, April 27, 2014

I could get used to this!

So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God. (Romans 14:12 NIV)

What did you do this weekend? How much time was devoted to God?

I had such a wonderful weekend and it just came to me why. I'm not being boastful or prideful. I'm not trying to say how great I am. I'm trying to point how great God is. I really should use this weekend as a framework for my life. I don't devote as much time as I should to Gods work. If you want to know the real truth, I had a great time while serving. Yes, you heard it, you can have fun while serving The Lord.

I ministered with my CMA chapter nearly all day Saturday, visited with my mother, visited and prayed with a biker in the hospital, shared the ministry of CMA at a Church on Sunday, and had dinner and officers meeting with my wonderful officers team. It's not necessarily what I did that got my attention, it's that I really felt the presence of the Holy Spirit along every step of the way. Here's a perfect example. Saturday we attended a HOG chapter pancake breakfast and ride. We randomly sat beside a couple and started a conversation. We shared our ministry, talked bikes, and did what we do as Christian Motorcyclist Association members, we love on bikers. Sunday we arrived at the church we were visiting, set up our information and in walks this couple. Yes, the exact same couple we met the day before. Unbeknownst to us, he was an elder at the church we were visiting. God brought us together. 

All through the weekend I felt I was where a God wanted me to be. I kind of like the feeling. I should do it more often instead of going where I want to go, doing what I want to do, I should follow Gods leading a lot more. 

Praise God he cares enough to guide and direct my life even though I fight and ignore him. Praise God for the blessings I receive when I serve. They are not my goal but they always happen. Praise God for a life lived in his service. Please Lord, help me to make service for you a regular not a rare occasion!

No comments: