Monday, April 28, 2014

Handiwork!

For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. (Ephesians 2:10 NIV)

I like to feel I'm sort of a handiman! Given the right tools I can fix just about anything. For years this skill lie dormant. I was a little intimidated by my father-in-law who had a career of fixing and designing machines as a tool and die maker. My own father didn't have the time or the desire to do these things. So growing up, fixing things, or working with my hands, was not a part of my life. But, as I grew older, owning my own homes, cars, and motorcycles, I realized I really enjoy working with my hands, building things, taking things apart, and fixing them. I've gotten quite good at it! 

With this verse, I can relate to our loving creator. I take pride in the things I build, my handiwork. On a much grander scale God takes great pride in us, his greatest creation. He loves to see us used for our primary purpose, to do good works. He grants so many opportunities to do good works. Many we just ignore and they pass us by, unfulfilled. When we do GET IT, he loves to watch and admire!

What am I doing? Do I take advantage of the great opportunities to serve and do good works? Do I even look for those opportunities?

Dear Lord Jesus, help me to recognize the blessings I get from serving others. Help me SEE the chances I have that appear every day. Lord I want to do your will, not just talk about it. True service is doing your will in the lives of those I meet everyday. I praise you for your patience with me! AMEN!

No comments: