Sunday, April 20, 2014

In God We trust!

What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ (Philippians 3:8 NIV)

I had such a wonderful, busy, Easter weekend. It was great reading all the Facebook posts celebrating our Risen Savior. When I see such an outpouring of faith, it fills me with a great sense of hope. Yet, this morning the news was filled with people hating on Christians and the Easter Celbration. A group wielding "In Reason We Trust" signs tried to steal the headlines of this wonderful celebration. This Aetheist group is bent on taking God out of all things. Why? Why are they so threatened by our faith? If they believe in no God , how could we be a threat... To them our rhetoric has no power. Are they intimidated by the love we share? Are they afraid the pressure we place on society, irreparably harms us? Just how are we such a threat?

I am an imperfect person, flawed, and sinful. My fellow Christians and I have made our mistakes. But I am here to profess, nothing will deter me from sharing the powerful change the Easter message has made in my life. I have given all to God. I am nothing so that I can serve the people who hate me the most. I will consider it gain to be rejected by these people of reason. So many great Aetheists have come to know my savior and I do not give up on these misguided people. I plan on loving them and YES praying for their salvation. The working of the Holy Spirit will soften their hearts. I pray God will reveal himself to them! 

You can not steal the joy of Easter just because you reject the message or the people who share it! Praise God for the blessings of knowing my savior personally. Praise God I can worship him even through rejection and personal attack. God has overcome the world. Jesus was crucified and risen to set us free of our haters! 

No comments: