Saturday, April 12, 2014

Seasons of Refreshing

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28 NIV)

Stephanie and I just spent two days with 12 of our Christian Motorcyclists Association Chapter members at Seasons of Refreshing. This is a gathering of 500 CMAers from the state of Indiana. It is led by our National Evangelist and is meant to prepare us for the ride season ministry. I love this event for ONE particular reason. I get to spend two days with some of my best friends. We laugh, we talk, we cry, we eat, and we learn together. It's a great time. Every time I've attended, I find that God reveals himself in some way. This year was no different. His hand was present as one of our chapter members had a rear bearing go out on his ride to Kokomo. It was really dangerous, but Gods protection was evident. I love it when we can actually see first hand Gods protection for us. I know there are so many times when we are protected and we don't even know it. 9 people gave their lives to The Lord. Two young ladies gave their testimony and had the entire gathering of rough, tough bikers crying. To see someone give their life to Christ and shed old sins, is heartening and refreshing for the soul. What a great weekend!

God wants us to have a "Season of Refreshing". We all need a time of renewal even if it's only For a weekend. Our chapter will spend the greater part of the next 6 months in ministry, doing church visits, attending events, blessing bikes, praying with bikers, and just  "Being there when the motorcyclists of our area need us." That's our motto. We take that seriously and minister to this lost community in a loving, grace filled way. I am looking forward to what God has planned for us this ride season!

No comments: