Thursday, April 24, 2014

Excited about this foolishness!

but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, (1 Corinthians 1:23 NIV)

Our country has changed. A country founded on the ardent faith of its founding fathers has been replaced with a Godless society bent on proving my faith is foolishness. But, I don't care! I preach the Gospel of Christ crucified. This is foolishness to a growing number of my countrymen. They try to deny Jesus even walked the earth. So much evidence exists and his impact is clear.  Their are endless stories, examples, of God's impact on our lives. He is real, he is alive!

I heard an interesting fact. In all the world, not a single tribe, culture, or people has ever been discovered that didn't worship a god or gods. It doesn't matter how remote they have lived, it doesn't matter their level of advancement, or their longevity. They all believe. Is that just the consistent foolishness of our species? Or is it the revealing of God in the lives of the world. I certainly don't know of all religions, but none compares to the faith of a Christian. Nothing compares to God sending his son down to earth. Nothing compares to the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross. There is on truth. There is one God and when you really try to get to know that God, life changes, and life never ends. You spend eternity with Jesus! That's exciting "foolishness".

I praise God for this wonderful life I lead and the magic of the story of God's people. I praise God I am able to preach his gospel among the lost. Praise God even the lowly, like myself, can build a wonderful relationship with our Heavenl Father. 

No comments: