Thursday, April 10, 2014

Be Happy in your work!

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.” (2 Thessalonians 3:10 NIV)

I am a worker. I enjoy working. I enjoy teaching. I enjoy planning, solving problems, trying new things, and sweating. God expects us to work throughout our lives and he intends for us to enjoy our work. 

If you're unhappy in your work, DO SOMETHING ELSE!

This might be a repeat message, but it is one I strongly believe in. I can't understand good people who hate their job so intensely, but refuse to change. I can tell you if I'm not enjoying what I'm doing, I'm not going to do it. That should be everyone's motto. That goes for volunteering also. Why do something, for free, and not enjoy it, or believe in it?

Your work is an extension of your faith in Christ. I pray over my students, my coworkers, and the parents of my students. I also pray for all the daily interactions I have with these wonderful people. My school is a better place when God is the center of my life. When I pray, study God's word and worship, I am a better teacher. My attitude is better and my effectiveness greatly increases. Praise God for his involvement in ALL of my life including my occupation. It's not a job, it's my life, it's my faith!

No comments: