Sunday, February 20, 2011

Are you with me?

Psalm 34 (New International Version, ©2010)

 1 I will extol the LORD at all times;
   his praise will always be on my lips.
2 I will glory in the LORD;
   let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
3 Glorify the LORD with me;
   let us exalt his name together.



It is so much more fun to be together with others who Love God. I could sit at home and Glorify the Lord on my own, within the quiet confines, privately. How much fun could that be? Sometimes I meet people who say they don't need to go to church to believe in God. I agree. They can worship at home. They can do a lot without stepping a foot in a church. Yet, why would they want to? Where else can they get together to praise God and exalt his name with others who want to do the same thing. Oh, I know you can do it at concerts, camps, or other special events. I also know that "churches" can be held many places. I really call "Church" any place where we Christians gather together to praise God. But, if all I do is Praise God at special events, it's just not enough for me. I can't wait to attend Sunday services, or special events like CMA Seasons of Refreshing, or the CMA State Rally, or Trinity Fest. I just can't get enough of Praising God with others. We are all "afflicted". We all have times we just don't think we will make it. Yet, God not only wants to spend time with us, he also wants us to spend time together. We can provide support because we all share the same sinful experiences. When we just don't feel like we can Praise God on our own, it is important to be around others who can.

Find a place you can worship and praise God on a regular basis. Find a group who loves to spend time praising God and can't wait to do it all through the week. I attend services at County Line Church of God in Auburn, Indiana. The services are always just like that. We have a great time worshipping and praising  him. I also have a great group of fellow believers through the Christian Motorcyclist Association. I also have a great group of co-workers who aren't afraid to Praise God. I just can't get enough. I would feel lost JUST attending Sunday Services.

Thank You Lord for providing people I can worship with who Love you as much as I do! Amen!

No comments: