Friday, February 11, 2011

Our House!

Psalm 26 (New International Version, ©2010)

 8 LORD, I love the house where you live,
   the place where your glory dwells. 

9 Do not take away my soul along with sinners,
   my life with those who are bloodthirsty,
10 in whose hands are wicked schemes,
   whose right hands are full of bribes.
11 I lead a blameless life;
   deliver me and be merciful to me.
 12 My feet stand on level ground;
   in the great congregation I will praise the LORD.

Steph and I love our house. It is a great place where we can relax and recuperate from our hectic lives. God has provided us with our home. We have just about everything here we could ever hope for. But, we both think our "Home on the Lake" was the best home we ever owned.

It is as peaceful a place we have ever lived. It is located on the end of a cul-de-sac jutting out on a point in a small lake. The lake has a very low speed limit for boats and is very quiet. I just loved sitting out on the pier and quietly enjoying the fishing (I never really cared about catching anything!) During the winter when the snow blanketed the frozen lake it was just like a piece of heaven sitting in front of the fireplace. When the geese arrived and departed every year I always enjoyed the show.

We don't own the home anymore. We sold it to our daughter and her husband. SO, we still get to go there once in a while. It certainly is one of our favorite places to visit. We still call it our house!

God's home is infinitely more peaceful. God has prepared a place just for us. If you add all the things you love about your home and then multiply it 1 million times, you still won't get an idea about what he has prepared for us. God loves us so much that he will soon rescue us from this life. We are just living in a temporary home, until the new place is ready for us. I can not wait to get to experience this place. It makes it even better to know that my family will be there with me. I hope that all of you will join me too!

No comments: