Thursday, February 17, 2011

Air Conditioning? In February?

Psalm 32 (New International Version, ©2010)

 3 When I kept silent,
   my bones wasted away
   through my groaning all day long.
4 For day and night
   your hand was heavy on me;
my strength was sapped
   as in the heat of summer.
[b]
 5 Then I acknowledged my sin to you
   and did not cover up my iniquity.
I said, “I will confess
   my transgressions to the LORD.”
And you forgave
   the guilt of my sin.

It finally warmed up here in Indiana. We got to a whopping 55 degrees today. Compared to -7 degrees, that is balmy. I long for the heat of summer. I long for 90+ temps and Motorcycle Trips! I don't think the severe cold has the same effect of draining you like heat does. For one thing, we don't really spend a lot of time in the severe cold, but we do the heat. Summer heat can really drain you and working out in it can take everything out of you. It's like you have a two ton Elephant on your back. Our sin is the same way!

The sin in our lives is physically, mentally, and emotionally draining. We make it worse by holding it within us. When we do that, it feels just like working outside on a 95 degree day with 100% humidity. The only way to get relief is to acknowledge your sin, stop trying to cover it up, and Confess to the Lord. When we do those things, it is just like sitting in an air conditioned room, sipping on a cold Iced Tea. God want us to open up to him. He is waiting to provide the relief. He is waiting to free us from the chains and the guilt. Go to him now!

Dear Lord, Forgive me for my sins. I know they are many. Please take the guilt, take the pain, and heal my heart, soul, and mind. Thank You Lord for your grace. Thank you for providing the perfect relief. Amen! 

No comments: