Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I lack nothing!

Psalm 23 (New International Version, ©2010)

 1 The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. 


I'm sitting here in the midst of the Blizzard of 2011 and thinking how Lucky I am. We are getting bombarded by snow, wind, and ice tonight and it's not supposed to stop for at least another 12 hours. Yet, I am sitting watching TV, blogging, and relaxing in the comfort of my own home. I just had a great meal prepared by my wonderful wife. I am warm, dry, have electricity, running water, and have to say I truly "lack nothing".

I can attribute my blessings to one thing. "The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing!" God provides everything for those who love him. I didn't say they get everything the want, that's different. When I "lack nothing" that means anything worth having, I have. I do not have a million dollars, but I have enough.  I did not have steak tonight, but I had a great meal. I do not live in a mansion, but it is more than sufficient. I don't have a high impact job, but I am fulfilled with what I do.

God knows our needs. He not only supplies those, but he goes beyond the needs and blesses us abundantly. How lucky I am to be counted a follower of the creator of the universe.

Dear Lord, Thank you for the blessings you have granted. Thank You for caring so much about me that you gave your life to save me. Thank You for wanting the best for me and for caring about my life. You are an awesome and powerful Shepherd and I am privileged to be a member of your flock.

No comments: