Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ahhhhh, Refreshed!

Psalm 23 (New International Version, ©2010)

 1 The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
 3 he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
   for his name’s sake. 



I am always amazed at what God speaks to me as I look closer at his word.  This verse is a good example.I have always thought about this in relationship to verse 2. I have taken it to read "He refreshes by BODY", but it really says "He refreshes my soul." Why would my soul need refreshed? The answer is simple. When I sin, and I do often, my soul needs refreshed. The next line goes along with it also. He "guides" me down the right paths.

It should be clear that we are going to sin. We are going to make poor choices. We are going to "veer" off the right path. But, the grace of God is there to guide us back to where we need to be and he will refresh our soul. He will help us to get rid of the guilt and get rid of the after affects of the sin. He is there for us. Their is no time limit in these verses. He is ALWAYS there when we want to be refreshed. He is always there to offer his wisdom and guidance. We just have to accept it and it is done.

Ask him. You will be refreshed.

Dear Lord, Thank you for being there for me. I know I am a sinner and yet you still wait to bail me out. You wait to refresh my soul and you are there to get me back on the right path. You are an amazing God. Amen!

No comments: