Thursday, February 24, 2011

I'm waiting!

Psalm 38 (New International Version, ©2010)

 13 I am like the deaf, who cannot hear,
   like the mute, who cannot speak; 
14 I have become like one who does not hear,
   whose mouth can offer no reply. 
15 LORD, I wait for you;
   you will answer, Lord my God. 



This is a key theme of my life.............Lack of Patience! As I have said many times, I pray alot. But, my patience with people and even the God in Heaven is not good. While I'm waiting on an answer, it is hard for me to keep quiet. But, if the wait is long enough, I finally run out of things to say and I am speechless with God. I finally get to the point and say, "Lord, I wait for you; you will answer, Lord my God." It seems that whenever I get to that point, it seems like the answer is just around the corner. I think that sometimes God waits for me to get to the point where I can't speak, where I finally figure out that I am not in control, then answer my prayers.

For me, waiting for God is one of the hardest things to do in my life. God DOES hear me and I know he WILL reply. He has promised to answer. He doesn't guarantee when. But, I keep wanting MY answer in MY time. Why do I think I know better? Why do I think I am more qualified than God to say when is the right time? You can look all the way back to the Garden of Eden for the answer. I am not the only one to think I know better than God!

No comments: