Saturday, February 12, 2011

One thing!

Psalm 27 (New International Version, ©2010)

 4 One thing I ask from the LORD,
   this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD 

   all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the LORD
   and to seek him in his temple.
5 For in the day of trouble
   he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent
   and set me high upon a rock.

Have you ever wondered what you would wish for if you discovered a magic Genie in a Bottle?  I can't say I've spent a lot of time dwelling on this, but it can be fun to think about.  Most people think about asking for money or material things. Some people will think about asking for world peace, or an end to world hunger. I know what David would ask. Psalm 27:4 tells you what he would ask for. "Let me spend my life with you." There is really nothing better than being in the presence of the Lord. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure we really have any idea what it will be like. We just have to believe that it will be like nothing we have ever experienced.  But, we should have this as our only request. All other things are really unimportant. The troubles of this world, the worries of this day, the brokenness, the stress, the pain, all mean nothing when we focus on the goal. When we focus on the final outcome, we can better deal with this life.

Dear Lord, We want nothing more than to be in your presence. We ask you Lord for the grace that permits us to seek you in your heavenly place! Please Lord hear our request. Amen!

No comments: